Saturday 23 February 2013

5 Things I Now Know

#1. Your 'normal' will change.
10 months ago, my 'normal' was being sick at all times of day, every day. Now my 'normal' is not getting more than 2 hours sleep at a time. These things that seemed like they would be the worst thing in the world were all survivable, when I made them into a normal part of my life.

#2. There is no better feeling than when your child (finally) falls asleep.

#3. Breastfeeding is the most difficult, painful thing I have done in my life (including labour). It is also the thing I am most proud of.

#4. Stretching your love to accommodate your husband and new baby is the easiest thing. Stretching your time is not (and the baby will always win).

#5. I really like not being around my son, be it for a few minutes or a whole night. But I always feel something is missing and I'm only complete when he's back in my arms (even if I am then arranging the next babysitter).

No comments:

Post a Comment