1. How much labour hurts. There's no getting around it - there's no pain like it.
2. The enormous sense of pride when you see what you've managed to create and birth. This goes hand-in-hand with the wonder of God's creation.
3. How it feels when your milk comes in and you're engorged and HUGE. And the relief when it settles down.
4. How long it takes to recover from birth - even if you've had no complications - and all the things that go along with it (after pains, night sweats, bleeding, cramps and pain).
5. How your love multiplies (not divides) between your existing family members and your new addition.
(Clearly, I've had our second child! God blessed us with a girl, 16 days overdue and weighing 9lbs 6ozs. You can expect lots of sleep-deprived ramblings soon, but for now I'm just learning how to be the mother of 2 under two).