Thursday 18 April 2013

Cleaning Tip: 5 Minute Pick-ups

As I've written about in previous blogs, I cannot seem to keep my house tidy. I really try - I do big cleans and the house looks wonderful and then life happens for a few days and it turns into a disaster zone. But for the last few weeks I've been doing 5 minute pick-ups, and it has made a huge difference.

In every room of your house (even the ones not used), aim to spend between 2-5 minutes every day  tidying it up (time depends on how frequently the room is used). Take dishes to the kitchen, throw all rubbish away, take all things that don't belong in that room and put in the right room. When you have young kids sometimes all you have is 2 minutes, but it really is amazing how much you can get done in that short time. Even set a timer if needed.

I've been doing this every weekday, and have found I don't have to do big cleans and everything around the house just seems so much more pleasant. I've also been doing an extra one in the middle of the day before the frog's nap in the living room, tidying his toys away. He is learning to help me and it keeps everything in much better order.

Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment