Thursday 10 January 2013

One Year to an Organised Life?

So to begin the year I started reading 'One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good' by Regina Leeds. I think of myself as a pretty organised person in some ways - I keep a colour coded diary-calendar-whiteboard that is supposed to keep the family on track with the schedule. However when it comes to my finances and documents I'm a mess!

This book starts with the kitchen, and gives quite a good step-by-step guide to organising it and keeping it organised. Little tips have already helped me (empty the dishwasher as soon as it's finished, so you can put dirty dishes straight in), although it could have been more detailed about organising a pantry (and by pantry I mean a cupboard). So I'm going to soldier on, one cupboard at a time. So far a good book, and I'm hoping will prove most valuable in sorting out my weakest areas.

NB: For those with small children. My son is 7 months old and won't allow me out of his sight, or oft times to even put him down. This obviously has made things much harder to get organised. Best tip I have is to do one cupboard at a time, or 15 minutes of organising (whichever comes first). I have daily chores to do (dishes, washing, tidying etc.) as well as work so I can't spend hours (or in my case his whole nap time) doing non-essential organising. This way you'll get a little bit done every day. I'm hoping this will eventually lead to me having done a lot (?)!. Will keep you updated!

One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good

No comments:

Post a Comment